Mold Inspection in Andover: What are Common Types of Household Mold?
Mold is everywhere. It’s in the air you breathe indoors and outdoors. Often, mold isn’t a threat—it’s a welcome part of the life cycle for plants and wildlife. But when mold starts growing indoors, it becomes a problem. If you think it’s active in your home, it may be time for a mold inspection in Andover.
At Green Home Solutions, we clean up indoor mold growth while taking measures to prevent any future issues. Our representatives understand that mold can vary enormously in color, shape, texture, and health impact when indoors. Here are a few types of household mold to watch out for.
5 Common Types of Indoor Mold
There are thousands of species of mold which can live in your home. Let’s review five different kinds of mold commonly found indoors:
- Aspergillus. This type of mold is active in the air and on surfaces. It comes in hundreds of species and all colors. It doesn’t need much ventilation to survive, making it especially hardy in indoor living conditions.
- Cladosporium. A variety of mold that is commonly associated with asthma attacks. Its texture is often described as “suede-like,” although it can sometimes grow powdery.
- Penicillium. You’ll often find this kind of mold beneath carpeting, wallpaper, and upholstery. Penicillium sprouts up quickly and often emits a very potent smell.
- Stachybotrys chartarum. Best known by the name “black mold,” this type thrives in water-damaged areas. Because of its toxicity levels, it can be especially harmful to children and those with respiratory issues.
- Mildew. While mildew isn’t a type of mold, it’s very often mistaken for one. Mildew is a fungus that grows on living plants. Anything else you see in the home is mold.
Without professional tools and mold inspection methods, it can be hard for homeowners in Andover to tell different types of mold apart. It’s why we always recommend getting professional testing from Green Home Solutions.
Find Out What’s in Your Home with Mold Inspection in Andover
If you think any type of mold is growing in your home, a professional mold inspection in Andover can identify the type and severity. At Green Home Solutions, we can:
- Enhance the inspection process with high-powered scanning equipment.
- Take samples for further lab testing if a more thorough analysis is required.
- Supply you with precise data and a clear course of action.
Worried about mold? Schedule your comprehensive mold inspection with Green Home Solutions. To book a site visit in Andover, just Call (978) 728-3441 today.