Danger of Removing Black Mold by Yourself
- Date: 12-2017
Finding mold growing in your home is a major worry of homeowners, and everyone knows that the problem needs to be handled quickly before a much bigger issue develops. While household mold can come in many forms, few are more worrisome than dreaded black mold. This type of mold, scientifically known Stacybotrys chartarum and Stachybotrys chlorohalonata, can affect homes of any size, in any area of the country. The dangers of black mold come from its toxic spores, which can contribute to a variety of health ailments and greatly reduce the indoor air quality of your living environment.
So, what do you do when you find black mold growing in your family’s home?
There is a lot of information out there on DIY methods for black mold removal, but that is rarely a wise idea. Done improperly, removing black mold yourself can exacerbate the problem and put your family at risk, and understanding the hidden dangers of DIY black mold removal is essential for protecting your loved ones for the long term.
Risks of Black Mold Exposure
Special precautions need to be taken when addressing black mold in the home, and few homeowners have the tools and resources needed to ensure that they are safe during the process. Even minimal exposure to black mold during the removal process can lead to health issues for you and your family, and black mold is known to contribute to:
- Chronic coughing and sneezing
- Respiratory irritation
- Skin disorders, including rashes
- Chronic fatigue
In the most extreme cases, an allergic reaction to black mold spores can cause vomiting, nausea, and bleeding within the lungs and nose. With the potential effects of black mold exposure, it isn’t worth it to take the risk of handling the problem without professional assistance.
Reasons to Avoid DIY Black Mold Removal
Although the serious health effects that come from black mold exposure is enough to avoid a DIY removal, it isn’t the only reason to call in an expert team to handle a mold infestation in your home. Certified mold specialists are trained in advanced methods to not only safely eliminate mold, but also to identify any hidden issues that you may not be aware of. Additionally, choosing to handle black mold removal on your own can result in:
- Making the Situation Worse: Black mold releases spores, which can spread if not properly contained during removal. This can cause the mold to appear in other areas of your home, making a small problem a much larger issue.
- Missing Hidden Mold in the Home: Mold is notorious for hiding in unassuming places, such as the air vents of your property. While you may be able to remove the obvious mold growth, you may also miss vital areas that require proper treatment for full remediation.
- Utilizing the Wrong Equipment: Mold removal specialists use a variety of high-tech equipment to handle toxic black mold, including personal protection gear, air filters, containment systems, and heavy-duty products. Without this equipment, you may put yourself and your family at greater risk.
Leave Your Black Mold Removal Up to the Professionals!
Calling in a professional team to handle black mold removal can be a daunting task, especially if you are worried about the costs of remediation. Although handling the problem on your own may seem tempting, black mold is one household disaster that is best left to the capable hands of trained experts. At Green Home Solutions, we understand the worries and risks associated with black mold removal, and we can help you develop a customized plan for treatment that fits the needs of your household?without breaking the bank!
With our fully trained and certified team, eco-friendly mold removal products, and comprehensive remediation services, Green Home Solutions gives you one less thing to worry about when it comes to ensuring a safe, clean, healthy living space for your family. Learn more by giving us a call today, or fill out our online form to get started with a free, in-home assessment.