How to Deal With Mold in Your Rental Property
- Date: 08-2018
Mold is a nightmare for any property owner. This is especially true if you’re a landlord and you, or worse yet, one of your tenants discovers mold! What should you do when this happens? Green Home Solutions has some practical and useful advice for solving your mold problem quickly, completely, and affordably! Just follow these simple steps
1. Inspect for Mold
If you or a tenant discovers mold, then there must be visible signs of mold growth. Inspect the area in question, then do a thorough walk-through of the entire property to look for other problem areas. Here are some things to look for when inspecting for mold:
- White and thread-like mold, clusters of small back spots, or mold that is gray-brown, black, gray-green, or white. Mold growing behind wallpaper and vinyl is often purple, pink, or orange.
- Signs of water damage or leaks, especially if they were left untreated, can be breeding grounds for mold you cannot see.
- Not all molds produce an odor, but if you notice a musty smell inside the home, the mold is the likely culprit.
- Complaints of chronic allergy symptoms like itching eyes, runny nose, sore throat, and asthma.
2. Test for Mold
In order to solve your mold problem the right way, it’s important to reach out to local mold inspection and remediation experts for an in-depth inspection and mold test. Reliable companies will offer both sample and air testing to make sure every issue is pinpointed accurately.
3. Irradiate the Mold
Mold can lead to serious health problems and structural damage to the home. Talk about a nightmare for landlords! If mold is found, during or in-between the property being occupied, act right away! When looking for a reliable mold removal solution, there are many things to keep in mind. You want something that is fast, effective, safe, and affordable.
Green Home Solutions offers plant-based options that irradiate mold within hours, leaving the home completely inhabitable while preventing future mold growth!
4. Protect Against Future Mold
Once you’ve dealt with mold, you’ll never want to again! Schedules routine mold inspections and testing to ensure your properties are safe, and when you choose the right remediation solutions you have extra protection against your dreadful mold problem resurfacing.
Whether you are a landlord or tenant, protecting yourself against mold is very important. If you suspect your home is invaded by mold, take action right away!