Signs of Mold Issues
- Date: 06-2020
Mold in the home can be dangerous. Luckily, it can be easy to spot when you know what to look for. Now that you are probably spending most of your time at home, you should look for the following signs to determine if you have mold:
- Mold Odor. Not all molds produce an odor, but some do. If you smell a persistent, musty odor, there is a good chance you have a mold issue.
- Visible Signs of Mold Growth. Different types of molds appear in different textures and colors. Some molds might appear white and thread-like. Others can appear in clusters of black spots. Mold can also be gray-brown, black, gray-green, or white. Mold that grows behind vinyl and wallpaper might be orange, pink, or purple.
- Signs of Water Damage. Long-term moisture can lead to mold growth. If you see water stains, discoloration on your walls, floors, or ceilings, or if you notice cracking or peeling paint or wallpaper, then you have a potential mold issue.
- Water Leaks. If you have a water leak, it’s important to get it repaired quickly. Areas where condensation often forms, such as windows and metal pipes, can be a haven for mold or lead to mold issues.
- Past Flooding. If your home has experienced any flooding in the past, then it’s very likely you may have mold growth in your home.
Do you see any of these signs in your home? Mold can be severely damaging to your house and your health. If you think you have mold issues in your home, seek our professional mold inspection services right away. Green Home Solutions offers affordable, fast, and effective mold inspection and treatment.