Mold Inspection in Newton: What Are Common Types of Household Mold?
Mold is one of the most common issues that pops up in local homes and offices, and it can cause a long list of issues. By working with our team at Green Home Solutions, you can fight mold and prevent it from appearing in your indoor spaces in the future. Before we remediate mold, we first need to find it and determine how far it has spread. Our in-depth mold inspections help Newton, MA residents get to the bottom of mold infestations and help you combat them.
5 Common Types of Indoor Mold
To effectively fight mold, it’s crucial to effectively identify it. And while many think of mold as simply being mold, there are different kinds of mold, each with its own unique characteristics. Below, we’ll go through the common varieties of mold and their qualities to help you identify these invasive fungi whenever you spot them:
- Aspergillus – This mold can be tricky to deal with indoors, as it doesn’t need much ventilation to survive. This variety comes in a wide range of different colors, shapes, sizes, and individual species.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is often described as having a “suede-like” appearance, despite sometimes looking powdery or grainy. This mold is often associated with asthma attacks due to the effect it can have on your indoor air quality as a whole, making effectively managing it a top priority.
- Penicillium – One of the strongest-smelling mold varieties, Penicillium often lurks out of sight behind wallpaper and beneath carpeting.
- Stachybotrys chartarum – This variety, also known as “black mold,” is highly toxic and thrives in areas with high levels of water damage.
- Mildew – Mildew, while not technically a mold, is often mistaken for one. Mildew only grows on living plants — everything else is mold.
Find Out What’s in Your Home with a Mold Inspection in Newton
To help you determine the kinds of mold in your home, how far it has spread, and the steps needed to effectively remediate it, our team utilizes in-depth mold inspections. These inspections use cutting-edge equipment to effectively track down the mold in your home or office.
To get started with our mold inspections in Newton, contact us at (978) 728-3441 today!