Charleston Crawl Space Encapsulation
- Date: 08-2015
Many older homes include crawl spaces, and even newer homes often include unfinished spaces large enough to access wiring and pipes. If your home is one of these, it may be at a higher risk of mold growth. Without the right treatment and proper maintenance, your crawl space can be a prime location for harmful mold growth, especially if your space is vented, not sealed. Particularly in Charleston’s hot and humid summer climate, your crawl space can reduce the indoor air quality and structural integrity of your entire home. Thankfully, Green Home Solutions offers a comprehensive Charleston crawl space encapsulation service, along with other industry-leading mold treatments, to keep your home safe and mold and mildew-free. From mold remediation and basement sealing to vapor barrier installation, trust the experts at Green Home Solutions of Charleston to provide reliable services and eco-friendly solutions for your home!
Crawl Space Encapsulation Services in Charleston
If you’re unsure about whether or not your Charleston home is in need of crawl space encapsulation services, contact our friendly team members at GHS of Charleston. As your crawl space encapsulation professionals in Charleston, we’ll be able to identify whether or not there is a crawl space moisture barrier in place, and whether or not your space is threatening the health of your family and the structure of your home. We do this by identifying whether or not your home is a prime spot for the most common causes of mold growth:
- High Humidity: When humid air (common during the hotter and wetter months of the year in Charleston) comes in contact with your floorboards and other cooler surfaces of your home, it will condense, leaving excess moisture that will rot the structural wood elements of your home over time.
- Air Flow Blockage & Moisture-Absorbent Materials: If you use your unfinished basement or crawl space as a storage room full of items like cardboard boxes, you could be unintentionally contributing to excess moisture build-up that leads to mold growth.
- Unsealed or non-operating sump pumps: Stagnant water in your sump pump can also create excess moisture build-up overtime.
- Foundation wall and floor cracks: If your basement or crawlspace is unfinished, in need of repair, or exposed to outside elements even through cracks in the wall or floor, you could be at risk of water leakage which can create the perfect damp environment for mold growth.
When any of these situations is present, you need the passionate expertise of GHS to provide you with safe, effective treatments to improve the air quality of your home for your family’s health and the structural integrity of your home. Our Charleston crawl space encapsulation services will ensure that your home does not accumulate excess moisture or become a prime breeding ground for harmful molds. We offer solutions to fit every type of home and crawl space need, including:
- Vapor barrier installation
- Basement sealing – including supports, plumbing, and moisture-eliminating foundational tape
- Optional radon mitigation
Make sure your family is safe with GHS of Charleston’s affordable crawl space encapsulation solutions. Contact us for more information by calling or filling out our online form to request your free, Healthy Home Audit.