Mold Removal in Chattanooga: 4 Common Treatment Mistakes
As a homeowner, you should never take mold problems lightly. Mold can do serious damage to your home and its value, not to mention your family’s health. So when you find mold, resist the urge to get rid of it yourself. Instead, call a trusted mold removal company in Chattanooga, like Green Home Solutions!
No matter how manageable a mold problem might seem, a DIY approach isn’t a good idea. When homeowners try to get rid of mold themselves, they usually make mistakes. As a result, mold problems continue and become even worse.
4 Easy-to-Make Mold Removal Mistakes
At Green Home Solutions, our mold removal team has seen what happens when homeowners try to fix mold problems on their own. Usually, they make one or more of the following mistakes:
- Ignoring the underlying problem. Mold infestations start with moisture. Despite this, many homeowners try to fix mold without fixing the moisture problem. As a result, new mold keeps appearing in the same area.
- Focusing on visible growth. When it comes to mold, visible growth doesn’t tell the whole story. Mold likes to grow both on and inside porous materials, like wood and drywall, or in out-of-the-way places, like inside your walls.
- Using surface cleaners/disinfectants. Household products like bleach are ineffective against mold because they don’t reach subsurface mold growth. You can get rid of the surface mold, but underneath, mold colonies will keep spreading to new areas.
- Lack of protective measures. When treating mold-infested materials, you should be wearing protective materials to protect yourself from mold spores. You should also have measures in place to stop these spores from spreading to other parts of your home!
Our Mold Remediation Services in Chattanooga
Instead of trying to remove mold yourself, you can fix mold problems affordably and quickly with Green Home Solutions.
Our services start with an inspection. An inspection will help locate mold and moisture problems in your home, including in hidden areas. We then develop a custom treatment plan for your home. Our treatments use a plant-based product that neutralizes mold on contact, and which penetrates porous materials to kill subsurface mold.
During treatments, we use containment systems and air filters to stop mold spores from spreading. And thanks to our unique treatment product, we can complete a typical treatment in less time and for less money than competitor services. Rather than demolishing and reconstructing mold-infested materials, our treatment product can simply neutralize the mold inside the materials.
Green Home Solutions is locally owned and operated, offering mold removal services in:
- Chattanooga, TN
- Ooltewah, TN
- Signal Mountain, TN
- Lookout Mountain, TN
- Dalton, GA
- And the surrounding areas