Attic Mold Removal in Billerica: Causes of Attic Mold
- Date: 08-2021
Your attic is one of the most likely places in your home for a mold infestation. At Green Home Solutions, our attic mold removal service makes it easy for homeowners in Billerica to deal with these issues. As convenient and affordable as our mold removal treatments happen to be, we know that most homeowners would rather stop mold from growing in the first place.
If you want to prevent attic mold growth, you can start by learning the most common reasons for attic mold problems. This way, you can regularly check for these issues and take steps to prevent them.
Below, we’ve covered four of the most common reasons for attic mold in Billereica so you know what to look for.
4 Common Reasons for Attic Mold
1. Roof Leaks. Mold thrives in moist areas, so it should come as no surprise that the most common source of attic mold is a leaking roof. It’s important to routinely check your attic for signs of roof leaks, especially after bouts of severe weather when your roof may have been damaged. Pay close attention to joints and seams, as these are the most likely site of a leak.
2. Blocked Vents. Air circulation is essential for controlling moisture and humidity in your attic. That’s why it’s so important to check your vents routinely to make sure that they are unblocked and undamaged. Remember, your attic relies on soffit and roof vents for proper circulation, so both need to be unobstructed.
3. Poor Insultation. DIY insulation projects are a common reason for attic mold. Poorly installed insulation can allow warm, humid air from your living space into your attic and/or trap it there, creating ideal conditions for mold growth.
4. Exhaust Vents. Problems with exhaust vents from your kitchen, bathroom, or laundry room can cause heat and humidity problems in your attic. These vents are supposed to direct air outside, but if they’re installed improperly, they can funnel that air into your attic instead.
Mold Removal Services in Billerica
If you’ve found mold inside your attic or you’re worried about hidden mold growth, the team at Green Home Solutions has you covered. We can inspect your attic to determine the scope, source, and species of attic mold and provide you with a professional attic mold removal treatment.
Our attic mold removal inspections and treatments are provided throughout the following areas:
- And the surrounding areas
For attic mold removal services in Billerica, contact Green Home Solutions at (978) 728-3441!