Mold Removal in Danbury: 4 Common Treatment Mistakes
Homeowners universally dread the thought of mold. If you’ve tried painting over mold or scrubbing it away, you know it’s never that easy. At Green Home Solutions, we offer affordable, fast-acting mold removal in Danbury. We help you take charge of any existing mold issues.
There’s a lot of myths when it comes to mold cleanup. It’s one of the biggest reasons mold becomes a pervasive indoor issue. Without the right equipment or proper cleanup methods, mold can quickly get out of hand. Let’s look at four of the most common mistakes during treatment.
4 Common Mistakes When Treating Mold On Your Own
It’s incredibly tempting to try your hand at mold removal. But in doing so, a lot of homeowners in Danbury end up contributing to or even worsening their existing mold issues.
Here are four mistakes you don’t want to make:
- Trying to bleach away mold. It’s never a great idea to grab bleach when combating mold. Bleach won’t clean up mold properly on non-textured surfaces. Worse still, it can compromise the health of those around you. We only use family-friendly, lab-tested products to remove mold.
- Using improper cleaning methods. Once you start handling mold, small particles will become airborne. Without the right cross-contamination procedures, it’s easy to spread mold further during cleanup. We use negative air machines and other equipment to effectively contain mold during the remediation process.
- Assuming mold is always visible. Many people scrub away mold, only to have it return again and again. Mold isn’t always visible, which is why it’s important to schedule a professional inspection before attempting removal. With an inspection, we can identify mold’s spread, its sources, and what to do next.
- Ignoring mold sources. Mold only becomes active in environments where it can thrive. It’s never enough just to treat mold as a one-off problem. It’s also crucial to uncover and abate any moisture sources or related contributors to growth. We help you do that even before treatment starts.
Schedule Expert Mold Removal in Danbury
Professional mold removal from Danbury can save you a lot of expense and grief in the long run. With Green Home Solutions, you can always expect comprehensive treatments, expertly delivered. We’re:
- Fast. Treatment is completed in three to five days.
- Affordable. With speed and precision, we minimize any costs related to treatment.
- Healthy. We only use environmentally conscious, EPA-certified products which are family-friendly.
Schedule your expert mold removal in Danbury. Learn more about your options by calling Green Home Solutions at (203) 628-2227.