Mold Removal in West Chester: Four Common Treatment Mistakes
When dealing with mold problems, a lot of homeowners will turn to DIY mold removal first. If you can scrub off a layer of mold, it’s easy to feel like you can tackle the problem on your own. But for homes in West Chester, these DIY mold removal treatments can get you trapped in a never-ending cycle of mold problems.
At Green Home Solutions, we administer rapid-response, affordable treatments within days. We know how important it is to take an expert approach to finding, treating, and preventing mold. Let’s review a few common mistakes that happen with DIY treatment.
Four Common Mistakes When Treating Mold On Your Own
Mold grows fast, and it can grow almost anywhere—on surfaces, below surfaces, and even in the air. Treating mold effectively then, means taking an expert approach to containment, prevention, and treatment. Here’s a few mistakes that occur during DIY treatments:
- Ignoring small areas of mold. It’s tempting to leave small patches of mold unaddressed, especially if they’re in hard-to-reach areas or parts of the home you don’t normally visit. Because mold is fast-growing, it can become a bigger issue very quickly.
- Fighting mold with paint. Some paint products are billed as “mold-resistant,” but that doesn’t mean they can effectively provide mold removal. In fact, painting over mold will simply conceal the problem for a short time. It allows mold to continue growing and spreading without addressing the problem.
- Leaving the source of mold unaddressed. If you’re treating mold without treating the mold source, you’ll find mold becomes a recurring problem in your home. That’s because mold will continue to appear if it has the right conditions. It’s important to find and address any moisture sources which are causing indoor mold. You’ll always want to get mold testing to find out why mold is occurring and how extensive the issue is.
- Thinking mold is always visible. Mold can’t always be found by smell or sight. That’s why we always recommend both professional mold testing and treatment for homes in West Chester. Finding and treating mold growing below surfaces is an important step for preventing long-term mold issues.
Schedule Expert Mold Removal in West Chester
With Green Home Solutions, you can solve mold problems in just a few days. Most mold removal takes three to five days for us to complete, with long-lasting impact for homes in:
- West Chester
- And the surrounding areas
Worried about mold in your home? Schedule mold testing and mold removal with Green Home Solutions in West Chester—just call (855) 724-7336.