Mold Removal in Greensboro: 4 Common Treatment Mistakes
Mold poses a serious risk to your home and your health. So when you find mold, your first instinct may be to try and get rid of it yourself. Instead, you should be contacting a professional. For homeowners in our community, that’s as simple as calling Green Home Solutions.
Our mold removal team in Greensboro knows what can happen when homeowners attempt DIY methods. Without the expertise and equipment that we have at our disposal, homeowners tend to make basic mistakes. As a result, mold continues spreading — often in hidden areas — making the problem even worse.
4 Easy-to-Make Mold Removal Mistakes
To get a better sense of why DIY mold treatments aren’t a good idea, here are 4 of the most common errors made by homeowners.
- Failing to fix the root cause. Mold problems start with moisture problems. Before treating mold, you need to fix the moisture problems that are causing the mold growth. Otherwise, new mold will be able to grow even if you manage to remove the original infestation.
- Only focusing on visible mold. If you only focus on visible mold, you’ll be missing the bigger picture. Mold loves to grow in hidden areas, like inside walls or under the surface of infested materials. You can remove the visible growth, but that doesn’t mean you’ve fixed the problem.
- Using products like bleach. Bleach is one of the most commonly misused products for mold. While bleach is lethal to mold, it has no way of reaching and killing subsurface mold colonies. This makes it ineffective for mold on wood, drywall, grout, and other porous materials.
- Lack of protective measures. Many homeowners try to treat mold without protective equipment, and with no strategy to stop mold spores from spreading. As a result, they create a health hazard and increase the risk of mold infesting new areas.
Our Mold Removal Services in Greensboro
At Green Home Solutions, we take pride in making mold removal easy for families in Greensboro.
Our unique approach to mold remediation is not only greener, but also less costly and disruptive. We use a plant-based product that shuts down mold at the molecular level, and which can neutralize subsurface and hidden mold colonies. This means we don’t need to demolish and rebuild mold-infested structural components, which is typical of other mold removal companies.
Green Home Solutions is locally owned and operated, with service available in:
- Winston Salem
- Oak Ridge
- Guilford County
- Forsyth County
- And the surrounding areas