Attic Mold Removal in Gulfport
- Date: 07-2021
For most homeowners, the attic becomes an easy storage spot. It’s great for storing old photos, childhood memorabilia, and other items. Unfortunately, attics are also a common spot for mold growth. At Green Home Solutions, we administer attic mold removal in addition to other mold treatments in Gulfport. We know how easy it is for mold and moisture to flourish in this area.
Let’s take a look at how you can monitor for potential mold and moisture issues.
Do you see water damage stains inside on the ceiling? Then chances are moisture has made these stains and can lead to mold above the ceiling in the attic at or under rafters. Call Green Home Solutions to schedule an inspection today.
Four Ways To Search For Mold and Moisture
When you need definitive confirmation of mold problems, you’ll want to schedule a professional inspection. Mold and moisture can’t always be seen, smelled, or even felt. But if you’re not sure whether attic mold removal is a concern, here’s a few tips from our team in Gulfport:
- Bring a flashlight. Even if your attic is brightly lit, it’s always a good idea to grab a flashlight when searching for mold or moisture. You want to look for discoloration, damp spots, or warped surfaces. Don’t forget to look in corners, under carpeting, or areas which are otherwise easy to overlook.
- Look at the roof. The state of your roof can be a helpful indicator for underlying moisture issues. Often, crumbling or damaged shingles can be much faster to spot than the moisture causing them. If certain patches of shingles are buckling or deteriorating, that’s often a sign of water intrusion.
- Check the airflow. Because of their placement in the house, attics can have particularly bad airflow, making these environments more susceptible to mold. When you’re in your attic, ask yourself if it feels hot, stuffy, or airless. If you immediately feel the need to open a window, it can be a sign of poor ventilation—which is a mold risk.
- Evaluate your senses. Our bodies can often detect mold before we realize it’s there. When you go into the attic, is it more difficult to breathe? Are you getting a runny nose or a sore throat? Is there a smell of mildew? All of these can indicate the presence of mold problems.
Get Expert Attic Mold Removal in Gulfport Today
With Green Home Solutions, attic mold removal takes only a few days to complete. Our experts can locate, isolate, treat, and prevent mold right away. We help families achieve a healthy, ventilated home environment in:
- Ocean Springs
- Long Beach
- And throughout the surrounding area
Get attic mold removal from experts you trust. To schedule an inspection in Gulfport, contact Green Home Solutions at (228) 265-9457.