Mold Removal in Gulfport: 4 Common Treatment Mistakes
No homeowner wants to find mold inside their home. But when it happens, it’s important you respond the right way. That means contacting a trusted mold removal company, like Green Home Solutions. It doesn’t mean trying to remove mold all by yourself. Unfortunately, this is what many homeowners try to do.
No matter how small or how manageable a mold problem might seem, it’s never a good idea to treat the mold yourself. Here’s a closer look at why DIY mold removal is a bad idea, with 4 common mistakes made by homeowners in Gulfport.
4 Easy-to-Make Mold Treatment Mistakes
- Only treating visible mold. Mold loves to grow in out-of-the-way areas, and it can penetrate porous materials like wood, grout, and drywall. You might get rid of all the visible mold, but if you leave the hidden mold colonies intact, those colonies will continue spreading.
- Using household products. A lot of homeowners try to kill mold with products like bleach. Then they discover new mold in a matter of days or weeks. This is because bleach only kills surface mold, not subsurface colonies. The same is true of other household cleaners and disinfectants.
- Ignoring moisture problems. Wherever you have a mold problem, you also have a moisture problem. Before treating mold, you’ll need to fix whatever’s causing the moisture issue. Otherwise, new mold can start growing after you’ve removed the original growth.
- Lack of protective measures. Airborne mold spores pose a health risk to people and pets, and they allow mold to infest new areas. Unfortunately, many homeowners try to treat mold without protective measures in place, which allows these spores to spread.
Our Mold Removal Services in Gulfport
If you’ve found signs of mold in your home, Green Home Solutions offers an easy, affordable, and effective way to fix the problem.
Our treatments use a plant-based product that neutralizes mold at the molecular level. We also use a special fine-particle application system that allows this product to penetrate porous materials and reach hidden areas. This allows us to neutralize mold that homeowners can’t fix on their own.
This unique treatment product also makes Green Home Solutions less costly than typical mold remediation. A standard mold removal service will need to demolish, remove, and reconstruct mold-infested structural components. Our approach allows us to neutralize the mold while leaving these materials intact.
Green Home Solutions is locally owned and operated, with a service area that includes:
- Ocean Springs
- Long Beach
- And the surrounding areas