Mold Removal in Houston: 4 Common Treatment Mistakes
What do you do when you find mold in your home? If your answer is to go to the nearest hardware store and load up on supplies, you may want to stop and weigh your options. Treating mold doesn’t just require the right products. It also requires proper mold removal methods, as well as professional treatment equipment. For homeowners in Houston, we always recommend having all the facts before you try DIY treatment.
At Green Home Solutions, we treat mold problems found in houses, apartment buildings, offices, and even hospitals. We know how important it is to find and treat mold quickly and expertly. Let’s take a look at what to avoid doing when it comes to mold.
4 Common Mistakes When Treating Mold On Your Own
At Green Home Solutions, we know the wrong treatment methods can end up costing you a lot more in the long run. It’s why we always recommend proper testing and treatment for indoor mold problems. Here’s four mistakes you’ll want to avoid:
- Not looking for the cause of mold. Mold doesn’t appear unless it has the right conditions to survive and thrive. Before any mold removal occurs, it’s crucial to locate and address moisture contributors to mold. Without abating leaks, water intrusion, or moisture buildup, mold will continue to surface.
- Thinking only black mold is worth worrying about. Black mold isn’t the only variety of toxic mold that can appear in a home. It’s also not the only variety of mold that can do damage. If you’ve discovered any type of mold growth, it’s important to get proper testing to determine what it is and what to do next.
- Using the wrong products. There are a lot of household products people turn to when dealing with mold. From mold-resistant paints to bleach or ammonia, these products aren’t meant to kill or remove indoor mold growth. It’s important to use products that are tested and proven to abate mold.
- Worrying only about visible mold. You can’t always see active mold growth, whether that’s because it’s in the air, below surfaces, or in other hard-to-reach areas. Many homeowners will only address visible mold they can see, but that’s just not enough. You want thorough treatment of any and all mold in your home.
Schedule Expert Mold Removal in Houston
With Green Home Solutions, you can schedule expert mold removal right away in:
- The Woodlands
- Sugar Land
- And the surrounding areas