Mold Removal in the Inland Empire: Will Mold Die if it Dries Out?
We all know that mold requires water in order to grow. If we start with this fact, it is easy to see why so many people also believe that dry mold is dead mold. Unfortunately, that is not the case, as dry mold can cause serious issues around your home or business. At Green Home Solutions, we offer professional mold removal in the Inland Empire to deal with mold in any state. We offer quick, reliable, and effective service to clear up mold issues and restore healthy air conditions.
To get started, let’s go over exactly what happens to mold spores when they dry out.
Things to Know About Mold When it Dries Out
Mold growth is caused by moisture, so taking care of the underlying moisture problems behind your mold issues is a big step. However, mold doesn’t simply die off when the spores dry out, so the job is not done. Here’s what happens to dry mold:
- Dry mold isn’t dead mold. The spores will cease to grow, but they will not die. They remain in a dormant state, just waiting to be brought back to life by a new source of moisture.
- Dry mold can become airborne. When a mold spore is dry, it weighs less and is more easily swept up into the air supply. Once these circulating spores land in a moist area, they can begin to grow again.
- Dry mold can still present health concerns. Dry mold spores are still very harmful to breathe.
- Dry mold can survive for a long time. Dry mold spores can remain in this in-between state for a long time, so if they are circulated, it is only a matter of time before they connect with a water source.
Schedule Mold Removal in the Inland Empire
As you can tell, mold is still quite dangerous even after it dries out. Getting rid of your property’s moisture issues is a very important part of the process, but it’s not the end. With expert mold removal from Green Home Solutions, you can rely on our experienced professionals to clear up harmful mold spores, even if they’re dry and dormant. Our service is affordable, effective, and only takes a few days to deliver relief.
We provide our expert mold removal services throughout:
- Inland Empire
- Lake Elsinore
- Yorba Linda
- And the surrounding areas
To book our expert mold removal for your home or business in the Inland Empire, call Green Home Solutions today at (909) 455-4231.
Note: Our mold remediation services follow the guidelines and directions of the products we use and the various industry organizations to which we subscribe. Any claims of “removal” should not be considered a commitment or agreement of any kind.