Indoor Air Quality Testing in Saugus: How Air Quality Impacts Your Health
Most of us know how uncomfortable it is to spend time in a room that’s too muggy or has a strong smell. But the health consequences of indoor air quality go far beyond short-term discomfort. For homeowners in Saugus, Green Home Solutions always recommends proactive indoor air quality testing. Testing can help you take immediate steps to correct any existing issues.
How can air quality affect your health? Let’s review.
What To Know About Indoor Air Pollution and Your Health
If you’re dealing with indoor air quality issues, it’s better to deal with them sooner than later. Why? Because poor air quality is so deeply linked to overall health and wellbeing. Here’s what you need to know:
- Short-term issues can affect comfort. With most air quality problems, short-term exposure can cause symptoms that affect comfort. Think of fatigue, congestion, dizziness, irritability, and headaches. That said, for those with existing health issues, short-term exposure can trigger a more significant reaction, like an asthma attack.
- Long-term complications can be serious. When people are regularly exposed to poor air quality, this can develop into long-term complications. These include some respiratory conditions, some heart conditions, and cancer.
- The effects can vary based on the person. People react differently to poor air quality based on genetic history, existing health concerns, age, and other factors. It’s important to understand that poor air quality won’t affect everyone’s health in the exact same way.
- The effects can vary based on the problem. In a similar vein, different types of contaminants may have different effects. It can also depend on the concentration of these contaminants. For example, high concentrations of carbon monoxide can be lethal. Other air quality issues can be less severe, depending on the type of contaminant.
- Some health problems can’t be spotted easily.Many people won’t notice long-term health issues until it’s too late to prevent them. For that reason, it’s always worthwhile to take proactive measures. These can include indoor air quality testing and specific treatments like mold remediation.
Indoor Air Quality Testing and Treatment in Saugus
With Green Home Solutions, you can always take steps to address any air quality issues. Starting with indoor air quality testing, we offer affordable, impactful treatments in:
- Wilmington, MA
- And throughout the surrounding area
Get indoor air quality testing and treatment today. To schedule a visit from Green Home Solutions in Saugus, call (978) 728-3441.