Mold Removal in Framingham: Four Common Treatment Mistakes
Getting rid of mold is notoriously difficult. That’s why it’s always a good idea to contact a trusted mold remediation company, like Green Home Solutions instead of treating mold on your own. Yet, each year, many homeowners in Framingham try to accomplish mold removal with DIY methods.
When this happens, homeowners will often commit basic mistakes. As a result, mold continues spreading, worsening the infestation.
Four Easy-to-Make Mold Removal Mistakes
As a leading mold remediation company for the Framingham area, we’ve seen the results of DIY mold removal attempts. We’ve also seen the kinds of mistakes that homeowners make when treating mold on their own.
Below are four of the most common errors that occur with DIY mold treatments.
- Allowing mold spores to spread. When we perform mold treatments, we use special containment measures to stop mold spores from spreading. Most homeowners ignore this step. As a result, the air fills up with dangerous mold spores and mold can spread to new areas.
- Ignoring subsurface mold colonies. Mold thrives on porous materials like wood, grout, and drywall. This is because mold can grow inside of these materials. Many homeowners remove the surface growth and think they’ve solved the problem, but the subsurface mold keeps spreading.
- Using bleach on porous materials. Bleach is lethal to surface mold, but on porous materials, it has no way of reaching subsurface mold colonies. Not only is bleach ineffective, but its toxic fumes can also aggravate air quality problems related to mold.
- Failing to fix moisture problems. If you have a mold problem, it means you also have a moisture problem. Many homeowners try to get rid of mold while ignoring the underlying moisture problem. As a result, new mold can grow once the original growth is removed.
Our Mold Remediation Services in Framingham
Green Home Solutions makes mold removal easy for families in Framingham. Rather than trying to fight mold yourself, we encourage you to contact our team for a mold remediation treatment. Our services are convenient, affordable, and proven to neutralize mold problems at the source.
Unlike other mold removal companies, we use an EPA-registered product that works against surface and subsurface mold growth. This means we don’t need to remove and rebuild mold-infested materials. As a result, our treatments take less time, cause less disruption, and cost less money than competitor services.
Our mold removal treatments are available for homes in:
- And the surrounding areas