Mold Removal in Morgantown: 4 Common Treatment Mistakes
When you’re a homeowner, it’s easy to fall into the trap of believing you should do everything yourself. In fact, some jobs are best left to the professionals. Mold removal is one of those jobs. At Green Home Solutions in Morgantown, we know DIY treatments can often worsen mold issues, cause further spread, or result in costlier treatments down the line.
Let’s review 4 big mistakes homeowners make when cleaning up mold.
4 Common Mistakes When Treating Mold On Your Own
Mold is a hardy survivor, meaning it can appear easily, and it’s tough to get rid of. It doesn’t help that there’s a lot of advice about how to treat mold, and not all of it is helpful. Here’s a few common mistakes made by homeowners:
- Neglecting the cause of mold. Without investigating the underlying causes of mold, it’s impossible to address any mold growth effectively. Instead, mold will continue to recur again and again. Our expert team will identify any mold sources, and help you take steps to abate them right away.
- Using bleach to treat growth. Simply put, bleach is not an effective mold removal product, particularly when it comes to porous or textured surfaces. Worse than that, bleach can damage surfaces, and can be harmful to breathe in. We never use high-toxicity, abrasive, or hazardous ingredients when treating mold in your home.
- Only cleaning visible mold. For most homeowners in Morgantown, mold is only flagged as a problem when you spot visible growth. Unfortunately, it’s likely mold is elsewhere in your home, too. Individual mold spores are too tiny for the human eye to pick up on. That’s why it’s important to use professional testing and treatment methods.
- Not using proper cleaning protocols. Mold doesn’t just grow on surfaces: it’s airborne, too, using tiny mold spores to spread throughout a home. That’s why it’s crucial to employ proper containment and cross-contamination measures when finding, treating, and preventing mold. We make sure this happens with every treatment.
Schedule Expert Mold Removal in Morgantown
At Green Home Solutions, we always recommend professional testing first. That way, you can understand how severe any mold problems are and what to do about them. Our team offers expert guidance on mold removal and mold prevention in:
- And the surrounding communities