Mold Removal in Raleigh: Four Common Treatment Mistakes
Mold removal is something that homeowners in Raleigh should take seriously. While many homeowners try to get rid of mold using DIY methods, few succeed. Most of the time, visible mold growth returns within days or weeks. Often, the problem is even worse by this point.
When you find signs of mold in your home, the first step should be contacting a professional mold removal company. In Raleigh, that’s as simple as calling Green Home Solutions.
With our help, you’ll be able to eliminate mold quickly and affordably, with minimal disruption to you and your family. At the same time, you can avoid easy-to-make mistakes like the four examples below.
Four Common Mold Removal Mistakes by Homeowners
- Only focusing on visible mold. Mold likes to grow in hidden areas. So when you find visible signs of mold, there’s a good chance you’re only seeing part of the problem. If you remove the visible mold, the hidden mold will continue spreading.
- Using the wrong treatment products. To kill mold on porous materials like wood or drywall, you need a product that can reach subsurface mold colonies. Many homeowners choose products like bleach instead, which will actually leave subsurface mold intact.
- Failing to contain mold spores. Mold spreads through airborne spores, and when you disturb moldy materials, you can release more of these spores into the air. Without precautions in place, this can allow mold to spread and pollute the air breathed by you and your family.
- Ignoring the root cause. Any time you have mold, you also have moisture problems. Before you treat the mold, you’ll need to fix these moisture issues. Otherwise, conditions will allow new mold to grow, even after you’ve removed the original growth.
Our Mold Remediation Services in Raleigh
At Green Home Solutions, our mold removal treatments make it easy to fix mold problems in your home.
Before treating your home, we perform a detailed mold inspection. This allows us to locate and map mold colonies, identify the species of mold, and find the underlying cause of mold infestations. Thanks to UV technology, we can even locate mold and moisture in hidden areas, like inside your walls.
During treatments, we use negative air pressure generators and HEPA air filters to stop mold spores from spreading. We also use a treatment product that kills surface and subsurface mold. Unlike other mold remediation products, our treatment product is plant-based and EPA-registered, making it a greener choice for your home.
Green Home Solutions offers mold removal services in:
- Chapel Hill
- Wake Forest
- And the surrounding areas