Mold Remediation in Rock Hill: What’s the Difference Between Mold and Mildew?
Mold and mildew are common fungi that can grow in homes. Since they share several characteristics, it can be easy to mistake one for the other. You may be wondering: What’s the difference? Do they both require professional service? At Green Home Solutions, we provide a service to treat mildew and also offer mold remediation in Rock Hill. To get started, let’s take a look at some of the key differences between these two common problems.
Mold Versus Mildew: 4 Key Distinctions
Since mold and mildew both grow in damp and warm parts of your residence, it can be difficult to tell the difference. However, they are each unique in several ways. Here are four major distinctions:
- Appearance. Mildew often takes a gray or white color, which can get darker over time. It also looks powdery. Mold can show up in several different colors, and has a fuzzy texture.
- Characteristics. Mildew grows on wet and flat surfaces. Mold grows in all directions, often infiltrating into porous surfaces. Due to this characteristic, mold can cause some very real damage to your property.
- Health effects. Both of these issues can be harmful for your health. However, mold is a much more serious problem. With mildew, you need to be concerned about minor issues, such as congestion and headaches. Mold, on the other hand, means a possibility of long-term respiratory complications.
- Effort to clean. While both problems benefit from a professional approach, mildew is much easier to clean with basic household products. Mold is much more difficult to remove and professional care is essential to achieve effective, long-term results.
Find Out If You Need Mold Remediation in Rock Hill
If you believe mold or mildew is growing inside your home in Rock Hill, Fort Mill, York, Chester, Lancaster, or a surrounding area, Green Home Solutions can offer:
- A free consultation to test your air quality.
- Comprehensive mold testing and inspection.
- Customized mold remediation in only a few days.
To learn if our expert mold remediation is required for your Rock Hill home, call Green Home Solutions today at (803) 818-8028 to set up a free consultation.