Mold Removal in Sterling: Four Common Treatment Mistakes
As a homeowner, you want to get rid of mold as soon as you find it. But if you want to actually fix mold problems, it’s never a good idea to treat mold by yourself. Instead, you should call a professional mold removal company. In Sterling, that’s as simple as contacting Green Home Solutions.
As tempting as it may be to fix the problem on your own, a mold infestation isn’t an easy DIY job. Most homeowners make basic mistakes when treating mold. This means that mold returns soon after it’s been removed. Often, it’s even worse when it comes back!
Below are four of the most common mistakes that homeowners in Sterling make when attempting mold removal.
Four Easy-to-Make Mold Treatment Mistakes
- Only focusing on visible mold. When you find signs of mold, you’re only seeing part of the problem. Mold likes to grow inside of materials, where it’s hidden from view. It’s also common for mold to grow inside of walls, under floorboards, and in other out-of-the-way areas.
- Fighting mold with bleach. Bleach kills mold, but it won’t stop mold infestations on porous materials like wood or drywall. That’s because bleach can only kill mold on the surface of these materials. Subsurface colonies will remain intact and continue to spread.
- Not containing mold spores. Mold spreads by releasing spores. When you disturb mold-infested materials, you can end up releasing more of these spores into the air. If you don’t take steps to contain these spores, you can allow mold to infest new areas.
- Failing to fix the root problem. Any time you have a mold problem, you also have a moisture problem. You can get rid of the mold, but if you don’t fix the conditions that led to the original infestation, new mold will start growing in the same area.
Our Mold Removal Services in Sterling
At Green Home Solutions, we make mold removal easy for homeowners in Sterling.
Our services start with a detailed mold inspection. During the inspection, we use UV technology to detect mold and moisture in hidden areas. This allows us to locate invisible mold growth and diagnose the underlying cause of mold problems. We then treat the affected areas with a plant-based product that neutralizes mold at the molecular level.
Unlike bleach, our treatment product is capable of killing both surface and subsurface mold colonies. This means we rarely need to remove and replace mold-infested materials. As a result, our treatments are less disruptive and costly for homeowners than competitor services. We also use negative air pressure systems and HEPA air filters to minimize the spread of mold spores during treatments, so that your home and your family stay protected during the treatment.
Green Home Solutions currently offers mold removal treatments in:
- Great Falls
- And the surrounding areas