Mold Removal in Liverpool: Four Common Treatment Mistakes
As a homeowner, you may feel like removing mold is one of those things you should be able to handle by yourself. But treating mold isn’t just about having the right products. For homes in Liverpool, mold removal using professional equipment, high-impact cleaning products, and expert treatment methods are all crucial to effectively abating mold.
Let’s look at a few ways DIY mold treatment can go wrong.
Four Common Mistakes When Treating Mold On Your Own
At Green Home Solutions, we can remediate indoor mold in a matter of days. We always recommend professional treatment, knowing how easy it is for mold to sprout, grow, and spread. Here’s some of the most common mistakes that occur when homeowners treat mold on their own:
- Ignoring small areas of growth. It’s easy to ignore or even overlook small patches of mold growth. But it’s important to get professional expertise when there’s any recurring mold problems in your home. Even if you can see only a small area of growth, it’s possible mold is growing beneath the surface, or some moisture problem is occurring unseen.
- Using bleach to treat mold. There’s a lot of myths about treating mold with bleach. While bleach can have an effect on non-porous surfaces with mold, it won’t effectively target mold growing on porous surfaces in the home. Just as importantly, it can damage surfaces and present health risks.
- Trying to paint over growth. A lot of homeowners try to use mold-resistant paint when attempting DIY mold removal. Unfortunately, these products aren’t typically intended to fight off existing or active mold growth. Worse yet, if mold is growing beneath the paint, you can expect the paint to start cracking, peeling, or chipping.
- Accidentally causing mold to spread. When you’re searching for mold, or trying to scrub it off, you’re more likely to disrupt active mold colonies. In doing so, you can cause mold spores to break off from the colony and become airborne. At this stage, the risk of mold spread is high, making it important to use professional containment methods in Liverpool.
Schedule Expert Mold Removal in Liverpool
When you need expert mold removal, Green Home Solutions can help. We use robust containment methods, powerful and family-friendly products, and a rapid-response approach to treatment. Our team can come to you in:
- And throughout the surrounding area