Common Causes of Mold Growth and Odors
Homeowners dread hearing they have mold in their home. It’s not something anyone wants to consider. Mold growth often leads to smelly odors. Unfortunately, mold can be hard to identify, find, and treat because it often lurks in places that aren’t easily visible. Some of the places that mold can grow include:
- In the Attic. A leaky roof, insufficient or improperly installed insulation, lack of ventilation, improper venting, and lack of air flow can all be causes of mold in the attic.
- Basements. High humidity, clutter, unsealed sump pumps, and cracks in the wall or floor can put you at risk for mold in the basement.
- Crawlspaces. Ventilated spaces and a lack of a vapor barrier, along with humidity and clutter, can lead to mold in your crawlspace.
- Living Spaces. Leaky windows, cracks in caulking, appliances leaking, plumbing leaks, and more can all lead to mold throughout your home.
- Exterior. Roofing issues, improper grading, clogged gutters, improper caulking, and more lead to mold build up on your home’s exterior.
With so many places that are susceptible to mold growth, it’s no wonder mold odor removal is such a critical service.
About Our Mold Odor Removal Services
To ensure the thorough removal of mold and mold odors, we follow an extensive process for mold odor removal. After a thorough inspection and testing, we follow multiple steps from containment to optional post-testing to ensure your home is remediated.
Here’s what you can expect from Green Home Solutions mold odor removal services.
Mold Testing & Investigation. We start by completing a thorough review of the areas in question. We’ll identify the source of the mold and the steps necessary to fix the problem at hand.
Containment. It’s essential to stop the spread of mold spores to other areas of your home or property. Proper containment of the affected area must happen prior to remediation.
Cleaning the Air. We use HEPA filtration air scrubbers to clean the air and remove impurities. This is the first step in ensuring complete mold odor removal.
Clean the Affected Area. Any surfaces that have mold will be cleaned with a HEPA filter vacuum and wiped down with a mold cleaner.
Mold Mitigation. Our EPA registered solution is applied to all surfaces using a fine spray. It attacks mold in places that can’t be reached by other techniques.
Post-Remediation Testing. We want you to be confident that your home has been remediated. An optional post treatment air-quality test by a third party can be set up to ensure our services worked as promised.
Get Started with Mold Odor Removal Today
When you suspect you have mold in your home, it’s essential to get to the root of the problem as quickly as possible. Call 1-800-SOLUTIONS today to learn more about our mold odor removal services.