Mold Inspection in West Des Moines: Your Mold Questions Answered
Mold can be a mystifying issue for a lot of homeowners. Often, mold seems to come out of nowhere—and it can be incredibly difficult to get rid of on your own. At Green Home Solutions, we provide detailed mold inspection in West Des Moines that makes it easier to get clear-cut answers about indoor mold problems.
Not sure why mold appears? Want to know why it grows indoors? Let’s look at a few common questions about mold.
Four Common Mold Inspection Questions Answered
When you have mold concerns, your Green Home Solutions representative can help you understand what you’re dealing with—and what to do next. Here are a few questions we get asked most frequently during the mold inspection process:
- What is mold? Mold is a type of microscopic fungus. In the wild, it’s a natural part of decomposition. In your home, it’s a more serious concern. It grows in thin, multicellular strands called “hyphae,” which form mold colonies. When mold colonies are dense and thriving, they’re visible to the human eye.
- Why does mold grow indoors? Mold requires moisture, oxygen, and food materials to survive. Indoors, it’s typically triggered by a buildup of moisture, such as flooding, a burst pipe, or even excess humidity. That’s why it’s so important to maintain a dry, ventilated indoors.
- Should I be worried about mold? If mold is actively growing in your home, it’s always a concern. Once mold has adequate conditions to survive, it can cause swift and significant structural damage to a building. It can also contribute to health concerns. This is why rapid, precise remediation is crucial.
- How can I tell if mold is present? Mold sometimes gives off a pronounced musty smell, similar to wet earth or rotting. You may also see visible mold growth or its effects, such as discolored walls or stained surfaces. For definitive confirmation of mold issues, you’ll want a mold inspection in West Des Moines.
Uncover Indoor Mold with a Mold Inspection in West Des Moines
Even if you’ve seen evidence of mold in your home, a mold inspection in West Des Moines is essential to effectively removing it. Here’s what an inspection from Green Home Solutions includes:
- We trace hidden mold and moisture issues.
- We map out the full scope of the problem.
- We identify necessary next steps, including clearly defined remediation plans.
If we find mold, we can treat it right away. We make it easy to access affordable, high-precision remediation.
With Green Home Solutions, you can get answers to all your indoor mold questions and concerns. Schedule your mold inspection in West Des Moines by calling (515) 805-6398 today.