Professional Crawl Space Encapsulation
Traditional crawl spaces are one of the leading sources of mold in your home. This mold leads to poor indoor air quality and is linked to asthma, allergies, and other health issues. Without encapsulating your crawl space, you risk moisture, odors, mold spores, and pests entering your home.
Take control of your indoor air quality with crawl space encapsulation services from Green Home Solutions. Contact us to request a quote on your service.
What is Crawl Space Encapsulation?
This process seals off your crawl space with white plastic, including the vents. A dehumidifier and sump pump are used to keep the space clean and dry. This ensures moisture doesn’t have a chance to accumulate, eliminating the potential for mold and mildew problems.
What to Expect From Our Crawl Space Encapsulation System
Keep your home mold free with our affordable and convenient crawl space upgrades. Your mold removal experts from Green Home Solutions provide effective services that prioritize the well-being of your family and anyone who visits your home.
During your encapsulation service, we will:
- Air seal all openings to exterior and living spaces, when appropriate
- Install wall and floor liners without putting hundreds of holes in your foundation walls
- Install sump pumps and dehumidifiers, when necessary
The Advantages of an Encapsulated Crawl Space:
In our experience, a traditional crawl space is a leading source of mold in homes, which causes poor indoor air quality, in addition to health concerns such as asthma and allergies. With no barrier between you and the crawl space, odors, moisture, and mold spores get drawn into your living area. Fortunately, our encapsulation services lead to:
- Better Indoor Air: Traditional crawl spaces are damp areas that promote mold growth. This drastically declines the indoor air quality of the home. Encapsulation eliminates the path for mold, bacteria, and pests that negatively impact the quality of your air.
- Protection of Property: A professionally encapsulated crawl space helps preserve the structure of your home. By controlling ground moisture and removing excessive humidity from the air, we improve air quality in the crawl space, improve air quality in the home above, as well as prevent mold, rot, and other potential structural damage.
- Energy Savings: According to the Advanced Energy Study, homeowners can reduce energy bills by up to 15% by encapsulating their crawl space. Encapsulated crawl spaces control air leakage and save money on heating and cooling. Heating and cooling systems and ducts in homes with encapsulated crawl spaces also perform more efficiently.
Cleaner Indoor Air and a Healthier Home
At Green Home Solutions we provide air quality testing to determine if you can benefit from additional services such as odor treatment, mold testing and removal, and air purification.
Traditional Crawl Space Issues
A traditional, or conditioned, crawl space uses vapor barriers to protect the inside of the space. Black plastic seals the entire crawl space floor, walls, and joists. The vents aren’t covered up, so it isn’t necessary to put a dehumidifier in the space. This breeds moisture. There are several issues that occur in homes with traditional crawl spaces, making them inferior to encapsulated ones. These include:
- High humidity that causes mold growth
- Open air and vapor flow that leads to elevated moisture and energy consumption issues
- The presence of dirt and moisture that makes the space more susceptible to pests
- Building materials such as joists and flooring that are impacted by moisture over time
- Downspouts that are not directed away from the home
- Musty odors in the home due to mold
- The presence of excess moisture due to temperature differences
Contact Green Home Solutions to request a quote on your crawl space encapsulation services. We also offer mold testing and removal for your home or commercial property.
Request a Quote for Crawl Space Encapsulation
Keep your home structurally sound with our crawl space encapsulation solution. For more information about our air quality services , call us today at 1-800-SOLUTIONS or fill out our information request form!